Quick Stats:
Trades: Envoy / Informant
♀/AFAB/
Medium (3'9, 319lbs, 5'4)
pvp:

39 posts • 66 points
Played by Bunny

09-03-2020, 12:38 PM

delicate steps bring her out of infernia, carefully descending back into the valley. going all the way back out to the desert is out of the question for today - she was still recovering, and didn't want to press herself too hard. she still had to be useful for the pride. infernia is wonderful, as are its inhabitants, but she is restless. a walk (especially a short one!) won't do her much harm. the terrain below her feet goes from yellowing grass to rocky fissures and easily her steps slow, careful where she places each paw. the high walls of the fissure offer enough shade to make the stone pleasant. it is strange down here, quiet; she feels a little like she's trespassing. that feeling only blooms when she steps on something that cracks! beneath her weight. "oh!" she gasps, sunlight eyes widening as she realizes just what she'd stepped on. an errant femur bone, bleached by the sun and left to rot in the silence of this strange place. that was a skeleton! someone had died down here. "oh, you poor thing..." she says softly, brows knitting together. carefully she sidesteps the rest of the skeleton, lips pursed tight with emotion. what was this place?

""

code + art by CloudyNight

Ebrahim
Rogue
Lion

Quick Stats:
♂/Male/Pansexual, polyamorous.
Large (4'1, 520lbs, 7'11)
pvp:

3 posts • 3 points
Played by Rhaps

09-17-2020, 04:35 PM
'Exciting' was probably not a particularly socially acceptable way to describe the start of Ebrahim's journey from the South when you considered that there was a murdered Uncle and a devious scumbag of a potential cousin-in-law in the mix. But, in comparison to the rest of his trip - which had, unfortunately, been mundane to the extreme - the civil war and subsequent destruction of his homeland had probably been the most mentally engaging thing to happen to the man all summer. So that had been something, at the very least.

And now here he was, in yet another desolate dust bowl, all for the love of his cousin Ashelia. She, for all he knew, could be his only remaining living relative; he hadn't been around for the battles, which was probably just as well, but from what he could tell from the remnants he'd returned to.... the Azar's had not fared well. And so he'd had to clutch at straws, desperate, and to have picked up on the fresh scent of the fair Ashelia had been an absolute blessing. They needed each other, now more than ever. So he would remind himself of this as he trudged through unremarkable desert and forest, across valleys and over mountains. All he could tell - which wasn't much at all, in fairness - was that for most of the journey she hadn't been alone.

And then, all of a sudden, she was. Hm - interesting.

When he finally caught up with her, it was just typical that their surroundings were so drab. And filled with corpses, literally. The man's lip curled in disdain as he noted the scattered bones; he'd seen enough death to last a lifetime. Despite his disgust, he would do his best to remain as quiet as he could, already at an advantage thanks to being downwind from the woman. When her cream-draped frame came into view, he couldn't deny that he felt a jolt of happiness. Joy, even, for the first time in months. What a novelty. "What a dreary, depressing hovel. I do hope you don't live here now, cousin," Ebrahim sneered, mismatched gaze trained expectantly on Ashelia's back as he waited for the warm reunion that was no doubt imminent. He cracked a grin, then; wide and genuine and just a little cruel. Did you miss me?

Ashelia
Infernia Ridge
Lioness

Quick Stats:
♀/AFAB/
pvp:

39 posts • 66 points
Played by Bunny

09-18-2020, 10:42 AM

she moves slowly through the fissure, careful where she puts her paws. there's a hollow feeling settling into her chest as she picks her way carefully through the carnage, through the age-old bones of lost souls. it gets to the point where she needs to press against the wall to tip-toe past them without stepping on any. there are few easy ways out of the fissure, so she can't just leave - and instead, keeps moving forward with a grim expression. this place was - horrible, a stark reminder that life is not always gentle.

but after everything she's suffered, she does not need the reminder.

caught up in her thoughts, she does not notice @Ebrahim, not his approaching footsteps or scent. it's only when he speaks does she realize she isn't alone and she jumps. more surprised than afraid, she inhales sharply - turning to face the intruder. it takes a long moment to recongize him - to realize that she knows him, and that shuttered expression crumbles in the face of familiarity.

"ebrahim!" she says - shock still coloring her voice. "i... i can't believe you're here!" and... it isn't that she's not glad to see him. because - she is! of course she is. he is family (however distant) and family was one thing she was sorely lacking these days. but... of all the people to survive, did it have to be him? he had always been... strange. no, that was impolite. still, there was always something that rubbed her the wrong way about him, always that nagging feeling that kept him at arm's length. "how are you here? i mean, did you follow me?" a stupid question, because the answer is obvious. but she feels like the world has flipped upside down - again. "did anyone else...?" sunlight eyes shy away from him, as if trying to peek over his shoulder - trying to see if there are any others behind him.

(she knows there aren't. she knows.

but she can't help but look anyway.)

""

code by irish; art by tanzani

Ebrahim
Rogue
Lion

Quick Stats:
♂/Male/Pansexual, polyamorous.
Large (4'1, 520lbs, 7'11)
pvp:

3 posts • 3 points
Played by Rhaps

09-18-2020, 01:37 PM
She jumped, visibly, and Ebrahim arched a brow. Had going rogue made her flighty, perhaps? It had been mean of him to try and deliberately catch her off-guard, true, but he had to try and get his laughs where he could at the moment; if that meant slinking around in the shadows like some sort of deviant, then so be it. Ashelia, despite her cousin's nastiness, was beyond pleased to see him. Showed how desperate she was, really, considering Ebrahim was a complete ass. "Here I am," he drawled, nudging a toe idly in the sand as he waited for the woman to splutter some more.

She did not disappoint.

He would remain silent until her honey gaze - sickeningly hopeful - searched the space behind his shoulder eagerly. Scanning the skyline for kin that weren't there, and would most likely never be there. This place was hardly a stone's throw from their Kingdom, and the only reason Ebrahim was here was because he'd followed Ashelia deliberately. The chances of anyone else turning up now? Slim to none. He glossed over answering her first query - mainly because it was a stupid question, because of course he'd followed her - in favour of responding to the second. "No, they didn't." He paused, then, deciding whether or not to rephrase that. "Well nobody left with me, anyway. It was too chaotic to really tell." Maybe that clarification would let poor Ashelia cling onto a morsel of hope. No point kicking the poor thing when she was clearly already down.

Well you're right down there with her, bucko.

"What happened to your friend?" The question is a flippant one, but one he was interested in knowing the answer to all the same. It wasn't a relative - he didn't think it was, anyway - so who was it? And where were they now?

Ashelia
Infernia Ridge
Lioness

Quick Stats:
♀/AFAB/
pvp:

39 posts • 66 points
Played by Bunny

10-17-2020, 01:51 PM
it was a stupid thing, to still hope, yet hope she did. the look upon @Ebrahim's face says it all - that consdencing wrinkle of his lips. he was alone - and that meant she was, too. with a sigh the azar nods, grimly accepting what she's known all along. no more would be coming in his footsteps. they were it. the thought was not comforting; if any survived, then why must it have been him? ashelia is quickly learning, however, that beggars cannot be choosers. his question regarding rielus could have been mistaken as concern. but ashelia is not so stupid as all that. "i do not know," she says simply - voice almost trembling, but she holds her tongue steady - sunlight eyes keen despite the pain. "he helped me get out, but we were separated before i found myself in these lands." ashelia has no doubts that if he was still alive, then rielus is still out there looking for her. but the fact that he has not found her yet, means... well. it is a grim outcome, and one she does not want to fathom just yet. she is still grieving for the rest of her family, for her kingdom, for her crown. her guard's specialness in her life and heart, however, was for her alone; ebrahim might have an inkling, but he would not know the truth of it. with a rough sound the woman clears her throat, dragging her gaze firmly back to her cousin. "i suppose it's just us, then." her smile is wry and halfhearted, gritting her teeth against the news. it seems this strange graveyard was the perfect location for this conversation, after all.

""

code by irish; art by tanzani