Quick Stats:
Trades: None / None
♂/AMAB/
Large (4'1, 500, 8'2)
pvp:

64 posts • 176 points
Played by Bunny

09-04-2020, 10:23 AM
@Laraila, set like a day after he joins AJ!

to say rameses is angry is an understatement.

he's furious. but more than that, he's hurt. and sure, there is nothing stopping him from leaving the jungle and heading back to the coast, but still he hesitates. what would he do when he got there? drakon had already made it abundantly clear: you are not welcome there anymore. sure, this time might be temporary. drakon might come back and get them in a few days, saying that his mind had changed or that the danger had passed. or... or he might not. he might do what galadriel had done and abandoned them the moment she could.

a frustrated little snarl rips from his throat as he spins on his heel. the closest tree becomes the new subject of his ire: sinking little claws into the bark and relishing in the way he could tear and strip the bark. there's no use in dwelling in those dark thoughts, but it's hard to focus on anything else. he hates it here - would hate it even if he hadn't been left on its doorstep. it's humid and warm, even through the canopy of trees. it doesn't smell like salt or sand, and there's no noise but birdsong and insects. he misses the sound of the ocean and the seabirds. he misses the strong, ocean breezes. he misses -

well. he misses a lot of things.

""

Laraila
Askath Jungle
Yearling

Quick Stats:
Trades: Envoy / Informant
♀/Female/Heterosexual
Medium (3'4", 320lbs, 5'0")
pvp:

74 posts • 73 points
Played by Drifty-Works

09-04-2020, 09:24 PM

Carefully.. Carefully.. Closer.. A little bit closer.

POUNCE!

Miss..

A screech fills the girl's ears as her target took flight and escaped her grasp. All except a pretty tropical tail feather that hung from her lips.
Laraila watched the bird leave with knitted brows. Drats! So close. But it was perhaps closer than last time. She supposed that was a win.
The cub turned and continued on the game trail through the jungle. Surely there was something she could sink her claws into. Something to take back to the den. To show off to her mom.

Paws pad along the moist dirt path. As she moves, a glint of white catches her attention. Immediately she lowers down and tries to hone in on the movement from around all the foliage. It was smaller than a lion but around her size. A monkey maybe. Or perhaps a pig. She knew she would have to be careful. Boars were nothing she wanted to face off against. Not alone anyway.

She crept closer; near soundlessly. Her limbs were not yet as graceful as a seasoned huntress. She stopped and her shoulders shifted and her rump gave a little wiggle. With a pounding heart, she leapt from the bushes and in mid pounce her eyes widened as she took in the image of another cub. But it was far too late to veer off course. Laraila collided into the boy. The scent of his ocean breeze fur filled her nose and she was instantly back on her feet. "Rameses?!!" She half shrieked. The feather still hanging from her mouth forgotten.

"speak!!"
Code by Naya Image by Tippy

@Rameses

Rameses
Ekacia Coast
Prince

Quick Stats:
♂/AMAB/
Large (4'1, 500, 8'2)
pvp:

64 posts • 176 points
Played by Bunny

09-15-2020, 09:36 AM

rameses was so caught up in his spiraling thoughts that she could have thundered up to him, yelling and screaming, and he still wouldn't have noticed. so the fact that laraila snuck up on him, intent on honing her hunting skills... well. the ex-prince didn't stand a chance. one minute he is minding his own business, tearing at the bark like the tree is the one who hurt him, and the next he is sent tumbling. the collision was solid and took the air straight from his lungs, hitting the ground with a painedoof. dazed and hurt as he was, he's quick to spring back up on his feet - claws unsheathed and eyes thunderous. he assumes it's one of his sisters, so intent to bother him even here, that he doesn't think twice about gearing up, ready to attack.

but -

it's not kira or narsil. it's - "@Laraila?" he gapes, still breathless from her vicious tackle. her look of surprise is echoed, eyes widening with confusion. what was she doing here? then, far too late, it clicked. askath jungle. this was her home, the one she'd mentioned back at the coast! drakon hadn't been very forthcoming with any information when ram and his siblings had been dropped off on askath's doorstep, and truthfully rameses hadn't been in any mood to listen. ram is almost excited by this turn of events, until he sucks in a breath to speak. his chest aches and it makes his brows furrow, surprised expression smoothing into something hurt. "what was that for?!" he says, demands; and if he's a little upset about her attacking him, then surely it's understandable.

""

Laraila
Askath Jungle
Yearling

Quick Stats:
♀/Female/Heterosexual
pvp:

74 posts • 73 points
Played by Drifty-Works

09-19-2020, 07:11 PM

It is him! And he clearly remembers her too as he grunts her name back at her. Unlike the boy, Laraila allows her surprise to slip into excitement. And a surge of questions cascaded into the forefront of her mind.

But the questions die a tad with the shifting of his expression and tone. Greens scan over his face then drift momentarily to the tortured tree behind him. ""I'm sorry.."" Ears falling but her own expression softens when she looks to the boy once more. ""I didn't know it was you. I was practicing my hunting and.. well.. Its a little hard to see through the underbrush."" A small sheepish smile was offered before she added. ""I didn't hurt you, did I? Our Queen is a healer. I can take you to her if you'd like."" Her ears rounded back up, looking upon him curiously. But less in waiting for an answer and more in wondering how he found his way here to begin with.

"speak!!"

@Rameses

Rameses
Ekacia Coast
Prince

Quick Stats:
♂/AMAB/
Large (4'1, 500, 8'2)
pvp:

64 posts • 176 points
Played by Bunny

09-29-2020, 11:54 PM

ears cup forward to better catch her reasoning, flimsy as it seems to him - who was the victim in this unintentional crime. there was nothing malicious about her attack: alas, she was but a young huntress and he was the accidental prey. "you're pretty good at that." he admits with a pained sort of smile, his side still smarting. and - it was true! if he was anything but a solid little lion cub, she would've had him for sure! she mentions something about a healer and he's quick to shake his head."no," he says quickly, too quickly. "i'm fine." and even if he wasn't, he wouldn't say otherwise. because he's a boy and she's a girl, and he certainly isn't going to be carted off to some stranger and have them kiss his boo-boos. so instead he does his absolute best to ignore the pain in his chest, putting on a brave face for both himself and lara.

"this is your jungle?" he asks, head tilting slightly - wanting confirmation that all the puzzle pieces had clicked into place correctly. and... yeah, it definitely all made sense - and he's kicking himself for not putting it together any sooner. between nana cori's explanation and the snippets he'd picked up on when they'd been brought, it all made sense. plus, this place was exactly like @Laraila had described it.

""

Laraila
Askath Jungle
Yearling

Quick Stats:
♀/Female/Heterosexual
pvp:

74 posts • 73 points
Played by Drifty-Works

10-09-2020, 01:50 PM

The praise from him was unexpected. Granted she was unaware that for anyone who really knew Rameses, it seriously was unexpected. But her heart soars and she grins once more.

"Thank you! I hope I get to go out with a hunting party soon!" And she was. At nearly a year old it was about time for her to be on the plains with Askath's hunters.

He quickly rejects her offer for help as soon as its given. A mental shrug but she would be sure to keep an eye on him. She wanted to tell him he didn't need to pretend to be okay if he was really hurt, but decided not to. Boys were boys and she couldn't blame him if he was embarrassed at being injured by a girl!

"Well, I'm a bit sore." A small lie. She wasn't that bad off but she'd help him one way or another. Whether he was aware of it or not.

"Mind joining me as I walk it off? You didn't make for a very soft landing after all." Sly little nugget.

She turned to move onto a trail. Pausing for him to join her. Ears and tail shoot up at his last question.

"Sure is!" She chirped proudly. And now to address the elephant in the jungle.

"How did you manage to find time away from your pride?" Still treating him as if he were Ekacia's king. Laraila was not always a naive girl. She could put pieces easily together when she looked at them hard enough. Rameses was clearly upset. But at what she did not know. And she would not outwardly ask either. If he wished to lie or tell her the truth was his own business. So she left her question at nothing more than a soft prod.

"speak!!"

@Rameses

Rameses
Ekacia Coast
Prince

Quick Stats:
♂/AMAB/
Large (4'1, 500, 8'2)
pvp:

64 posts • 176 points
Played by Bunny

10-15-2020, 10:37 AM

her comment, thinly veiled and sly, causes him to huff - and it's only partly for show. he wasn't a soft enough landing for her? psh. "how inconsiderate of me. i'll try to do better the next time." he says, dryly, even as his lips curve upward. the teasing banter helps put him at ease, helps let the tension bleed out from baby shoulders. it means that he's more agreeable when she suggests a walk, and it takes him only a moment to consider before nodding in agreeable. the first few steps prove how sore he's going to be in the days to come, but rameses keeps a stiff upper lip to match pace with her. she picks a worn path and he follows her dutifully, trusting that she knows the jungle better than him. hell, maybe she'd even give him a tour, a role reversal of their first chance meeting.

he should've known the question was coming. it was obvious, wasn't it? still, his ears tip backward, expression souring. there's a moment where he thinks to lie, to make his situation sound better than it was, but.... why bother? he was tired of misinformation, of being lied to; he wouldn't subject @Laraila to it. "my father brought my siblings and i here," he murmurs, disapproval evident in his grim tones. "apparently - there is a man who wants to kill him, and my father is incapable of keeping us safe." rameses does not sound sad about drakon's predicament, only because he isn't sure if he believes it. "so... here i am, crashing in your jungle." he tries for an attempt at humor, orange eyes shifting to look at her with a mild, dry smile. hope you don't mind.

""

Laraila
Askath Jungle
Yearling

Quick Stats:
♀/Female/Heterosexual
pvp:

74 posts • 73 points
Played by Drifty-Works

10-15-2020, 11:33 AM

His response is a somewhat unammused one. He even finished it with what looked like a forced smile. But Laraila was quick and could spot the tease. "Well unless you want to be a squishy blob." Her shoulder coming to, gently mind you, bump against his own.

The boy joins her and she gives herself a mental nod of approval.
She picked their way through the foliage, staying on the path but stopping every so often to point out some of the jungle's offerings. Like how not to go down into what looked like valleys in the jungle. It was usually a good way to get chased off by gorillas! To which she explained what a gorilla was to the best of her ability. She had only ever seen one from a distance.
Or like where the monkeys often came to forage for fruit. Yet with winter on the way, there were no fruits to be found. Therefore no monkeys.

As they walked further into Askath, Rameses finally explained what had happened. It wasn't necessarily something that Laraila could relate to. Her parents had died so she did not understand abandonment.
"If that is true, then I think that means he loves you very much." She didn't quite know if she had any right to comment on his situation. But she recalled now the memory of Furia throwing herself in between her and Aramis. The fury that had overcome her mother that day had been frightening. But Aramis had not wished death to anyone. "I know that my mom would do anything to keep me safe. Even if it meant giving me up." A fact she knew when Furia followed those remembered events by trying to have Hanneth take Laraila.
"If someone is after your dad, maybe he has followers. I imagine your dad is a great lion but no one can fend off a whole pride by themselves. It'd be suicide. And if he died trying to save you or your siblings, then you'd also end up dead." She yammer on, filled with theories and the desire to help ease her friend's pain. "You are your father's future. His legacy. The one to take his place if he ever falls. But if you end up right along side him then that legacy ends." Laraila trailed off then, giving Rameses an apologetic smile. She didn't mean to go off on such a tangent.

"Anyhow, I'm glad you're here." Cheeks feeling a bit warm as she confessed her joy at seeing him. "It might be a bit more crowded here and might not have an ocean, but the jungle is fun! We all take care of and look out for one another. I know its not Ekacia, but it can be yours if you'll have it. At least until you can go back home. And you know what they say! Time flies when you're having fun!" She giggled then and took a playful swipe at his paws before leaping down the trail as if to try and outrun him.

"speak!!"

@Rameses

Rameses
Ekacia Coast
Prince

Quick Stats:
♂/AMAB/
Large (4'1, 500, 8'2)
pvp:

64 posts • 176 points
Played by Bunny

10-17-2020, 04:29 PM

her tour is nothing short of delightful. despite how strange the jungle is, rameses thinks he could learn to like it. maybe not the humidity, or the lack of sun. but askath is certainly beautiful - once he can start to look past himself and his woe is me troubles. a quiet rumble comes from the depths of his battered chest, but it's not aggressive. instead, he sounds - tired. and honestly, maybe even a little shy. "yeah, maybe you're right." @Laraila has some good points, and it's not that he's trying to ignore them - or her. but... talking about feelings isn't a thing that rameses liked to do, especially with pretty girls. it makes him feel awkward and unsettled, and it shows on his face - brows furrowing as his lips pull down. she's certainly given him something to think about - along with all the jungle knowledge she's imparted - and he'll certainly think on it.

later, of course, cause she continues talking.

ears tip forward as she continues, only noticing the mischievous lilt in her words a moment too late. her paw sneaks out, slapping at his own, before she's off like a bolt. the suddenness of it all makes his brows hike up his forehead, eyes widening even as he lurches after her. because - "hey!" he yelp/yells, even as he grins - taking off after her. his steps are less graceful because he has no idea where he's going, but he's hot on her heels! all he has to do is not trip and keep on her. jaws part, primed, harmlessly snapping at her tail tuft as he tries to speed up to catch her....

""