Trades: Gladiator / Cleric
♂/Male/Heterosexual
Large (4'2, 550lbs, 8'2)
pvp:

984 posts • 276 points
Played by Azzy

10-11-2020, 05:39 PM
A BEAST WITHOUT CHAINS
Drakon had no idea why he was out here when he could easily be curled up next to Hecuba and sleeping. Their children were all back home - well two of them at least gonna be vague on the oldest three - so he could easily sleep just fine. He was more relaxed with them home. However, that still didn't keep his mind from Manes, the Infernia King having found him recline on the Hillside - though vague for sure - and Drakon just hadn't been comfortable since then. Who knew that Manes had wanted Hecuba? He sure as hell didn't and as he walked from Ekacia through all the other territories coming to the waterfall to stop in his nightly stroll to drink did he settle his mind. Pink tongue kissing the waters surface, releasing the ache in his throat.

@♔Ambrosine

♔Ambrosine
Infernia Ridge Leader
High Queen

venom in her eyes

Quick Stats:
Trades: Envoy / Assassin
♀//
Small (3’2", 310 lbs, 4'9")
pvp:

511 posts • 1,750 points
Played by squid

10-12-2020, 03:53 PM
LIES ON THE LIPS OF A PRIEST
not unlike the ekacian king, various thoughts tended to keep ambrosine up at night, curling haughty tendrils around her frame and drawing her away from the comforts of her family. it was when the sun set and the shadows began to wander that ambrosine oftentimes found herself feeling restless, thoughts leading her astray and away from the confines of infernia is search of some metaphorical fresh air. and so aimlessly does she go, serpentine steps drawing the dieudonne towards the lulling sound of the waterfall and thinking that, perhaps, she could waste her time with a midnight bath of sorts. that idea is quickly disregarded, however, as ambrosine emerges from the underbrush, only the finding the looming shape of drakon, lapping at the water's edge -- fate was funny that way, wasn't it?

"long time no see," the parisian remarks as she takes a few steps forward, neutral in all of her looming frustrations. why did it always seem to be the name of the coast that reached her ears, taunting dramatics and unpleasantries all the while? of course, manes and hecuba's entanglement had nothing to do with drakon, at least not directly, but it served to sour the name of ekacia nonetheless, in all of ambrosine's petty glory. silently, the woman figured that he must know about manes and hecuba -- if hecuba had thought it just to tell ambrosine the truth, it could only be assumed that that same courtesy would have been passed to her own husband. to make matters worse, she could not decide whether the knowledge that he (or more broadly, others) knew about the ordeal angered her further or not. figuring that she could not be quite sure as to the extent of his awareness, ambrosien would simply pause, gaging for a reaction as she draws up alongside the water's edge, leaving but a few feet of distance between them.

@♔Drakon

♔Drakon
Ekacia Coast Leader
King

Quick Stats:
♂/Male/Heterosexual
Large (4'2, 550lbs, 8'2)
pvp:

984 posts • 276 points
Played by Azzy

10-12-2020, 04:52 PM
The smell of Infernia caused his spine to bristle upwards but when it was a females scent and a females voice that called out to him, he settled slightly. Still on edge - as his first thought went to Georgia but knew better than to speak on such things - as he would lift his head up from the water as Ambrosine made her way over towards the water. Even with the distance she put between them, Drakon moved a bit to give her more. Drakon knew all to well about the feelings between his wife and Manes, it had angered him more than he would've thought but that hadn't been the cause of why he had hurt his wife. "You look well @♔Ambrosine." He would muse, glancing over her form for a split second. He figured now that Ramona had been returned to Casinira that Ambrosine would've returned with her but apparently that hadn't been the case. "I'm glad Infernia is treating you well." She may not like him, but he would be respectful to her.

♔Ambrosine
Infernia Ridge Leader
High Queen

venom in her eyes

Quick Stats:
♀//
pvp:

511 posts • 1,750 points
Played by squid

10-17-2020, 07:06 PM
ambrosine’s gaze watches the dragon king for a moment or two, hovering upon his ivory frame before she shifts, idly lowering her maw towards the surface of the water. her tongue snakes out, lapping briefly at the cool refreshment until his baritones rumble and spread across the air between them, sharing polite pleasantries — ever-so diplomatic. "likewise for the coast." she remarks, raising her crown once more as svelte shoulders roll backwards, angling herself just slightly towards drakon’s company.

frankly, the two of them had done a good job of staying in their own corners, of maintaining a respectful distance and letting their lives remain blissfully disconnected. but now? now things were different, and just a little more complicated. manes and drakon didn’t seem fond of each other to begin with, and ambrosine and drakon had not always been on the most amicable of terms — but now their spouses had decided to force interconnections and loyalty that would otherwise not exist, to blur the lines of friend and foe until it was no longer recognizable. "and yet here we are, both away from our prides and families in the middle of the night." the words fall more musingly from her tongue now, humming in inquiring fashion as she toes the lines of privacy. she hated herself for wanting to pick at his thoughts, but she did. the parisian wanted to selfishly peel back the layers of the tollaire’s stoney exterior, the one that she had become all too familiar with. and though she wanted to pry further, she again chooses to wait, wanting first to see what he had to say.

@♔Drakon

♔Drakon
Ekacia Coast Leader
King

Quick Stats:
♂/Male/Heterosexual
Large (4'2, 550lbs, 8'2)
pvp:

984 posts • 276 points
Played by Azzy

10-17-2020, 09:32 PM
A BEAST WITHOUT CHAINS
He watched her with amber jewels as she drank but made no move to go towards her or anything. He may not like Manes, but @♔Ambrosine hadn't done anything to him. Yet. Ears twitched and he raised an eyebrow at her. Drakon knew all to well what she was implying and it was something that gnawed at his brain often. "If you're implying I'm out here because of our significant others; well you're not entirely wrong." He would admit, sitting down with a heavy sigh.

♔Ambrosine
Infernia Ridge Leader
High Queen

venom in her eyes

Quick Stats:
♀//
pvp:

511 posts • 1,750 points
Played by squid

10-18-2020, 07:46 PM
he cuts to the chase, something that ambrosine has not always been good at. she sauntered around the topic more times that necessary, curling coy words and innuendos upon her tongue -- but the tollaire man is different, and he calls her bluffs with the blatant statement. and yet still, it was what she wanted to hear, despite the sharp pagne in her chest that erupts at the mention of their spouses. "it's certainly why i'm out here." the parisian confesses, lips pulling into a wry, thin smile that does not reach her eyes. the thoughts of the whole situation stilled angered her -- but in this moment, she was simply tired, and raw, and ragged.

"i just recently found out - hecuba is the one that told me." she explained upon a soured breath of air, grimacing at the distasteful memories of that day on the hillside, with weight hanging heavily on her words. "should i expect you to come for his head?" or maybe i'll beat you to it. her eyes flash to the coastal king's face, looking briefly to catch his gaze with her own as the questions hung across the air between then. hecuba had spoken warm words about her husband, despite his faults and shortcomings in the past, but ambrosine wanted to hear it straight from the dragon's mouth.

@♔Drakon

♔Drakon
Ekacia Coast Leader
King

Quick Stats:
♂/Male/Heterosexual
Large (4'2, 550lbs, 8'2)
pvp:

984 posts • 276 points
Played by Azzy

10-18-2020, 08:56 PM
A BEAST WITHOUT CHAINS
Yes his mind kept returning to what Hecuba spoke about Manes. Of his confession and if that had been all that had happened that day, Drakon would be able to sleep but sadly it wasn't. He listened to her words then and he would chuckle, it was a deep rumble in his chest. "No, as much as I would have liked to, Hecuba asked me not to." Before comparing me to Sarthak and I pushed her off a cliff. Ya know, nothing to bad right? But Hecuba had asked him to not to tell anyone about that incident and so he hadn't. He had kept his promise, among other things. "Though I'm shocked Manes didn't tell you. Is he ashamed or embarrassed to tell you?" He was very curious about that.

@♔Ambrosine

♔Ambrosine
Infernia Ridge Leader
High Queen

venom in her eyes

Quick Stats:
♀//
pvp:

511 posts • 1,750 points
Played by squid

10-21-2020, 04:50 PM
"no, as much as I would have liked to, hecuba asked me not to" -- how kind of her. ambrosine is all-too aware that the instinctive curl of her lips is misdirected, and that hecuba was not the one deserving of her wrath of anger. but, ah, that flare of jealousy remained, poignant and always threatening to latch onto anyone who got too close to the fire or got too close.

"maybe neither, maybe both -- you're a man, which would one would be your reasoning?" she asked, not exactly knowing the answer to drakon's question. manes had seemed to be both of those things, but ambrosine was unfamiliar with the inner-workings of the male mind, or the convoluted ways in which they might justify their decisions. abruptly and with an exaggerated huff, the woman would look to slide down onto her stomach then, splaying along the shoreline with her dangling against the surface of the water. the conversation between hecuba and herself replays silently now, including all that had been said about drakon's own infidelity, and their subsequent resolution. hecuba's compassion and empathy were traits that ambrosine often lacked, and she even considers, for a moment, that she could not have handled the situation with as much grace as the ekacian woman had. "i hope you know that you're lucky to have hecuba as your wife, drakon. she is a good woman -- despite the rest of this mess." ambrosine would say suddenly, not quite sure why the words had decided to fall from her lips. but they fell nonetheless, hanging out across the air as her eyes slip back up towards the tollaire.

@♔Drakon

♔Drakon
Ekacia Coast Leader
King

Quick Stats:
♂/Male/Heterosexual
Large (4'2, 550lbs, 8'2)
pvp:

984 posts • 276 points
Played by Azzy

10-24-2020, 06:05 PM
A BEAST WITHOUT CHAINS
"Me personally? I would've told Hecuba if I was in Manes' paws. But perhaps he is both." He would state though his mind did recall that very fact that he hadn't told Hecuba about Georgia until after it had been happening for a while. He regretted that but at least it had been him that told Hecuba and not Georgia herself. And then a compliment was given to Hecuba from Ambrosine that echoed in his ears and a small twitch of a smile with a chuckle formed from him. "I am grateful for him, which is why I have sworn to not take another wife. Even if my family is Polygamous I love Hecuba to much to risk losing her." Had he known how badly being with Georgia would've hurt her before he had done such a deal, Drakon wouldn't have done it to begin with.

@♔Ambrosine